Your care at the heart of our Practice
General Medical services
- General Medical Health Care
- Acute Onset Illness
- Medicine of advanced years
- Chronic Disease Management
- Injury or Accident Treatment
- Post-Operative Wound
- Ear Syringing
- Diabetes Screening /Monitoring
- Asthmas Control
- Palliative Care
- Warfarin Monitoring
- Cardiovascular risk
- Respiratory risk
- Urinary tract and prostate health
- Sexual health
- Weight and metabolic health
- Mental Health
- Contraceptive advice
- Cervical screening (including National Cervical Check)
- Fertility Advice
- Menopause screening/advice, counseling and treatment of the menopause, osteoporosis and HRT
- Breast check
Mother & Baby
- Antenatal care
- Baby 2 week check up
- Mother & Baby 6 week check up
- Childhood vaccinations
- Under 6 contract
- Stitching of lacerations in emergencies
- Cryosurgery – Verucca and warts
- Removal of Foreign Bodies
- Joint Injections
- Abscess Drainage
Travel Health / Vaccination
- Full travel vaccine service provided
- Licensed for the administration of Yellow Fever Vaccine
- Malaria Prophylaxis
- General travel health advice and information supported by best evidence guidelines (continually updated)
- Pre-employment assessment
- Vison & Audiometry Testing
- Sickness Absence Reviews
- Accident / Injury Assessment
- Employee vaccinations (including Influenza, Hepatitis B and all travel Vaccines)
- Fitness to Drive Examinations
- Sports inputs
- Joint Injections
- Pre-sporting activity medical examinations – e.g. Boxing, motor sport
- Mirena Insertion/Removal
- Implanon Insertion/Removal
- Emergency Contraception
- Contraceptive Depot Injections
- Advice on All Forms of Contraception and Prescriptions
- Preconception Advice
- Unplanned Pregnancy – Help and Advice
For the convenience of our patients we run an appointment based service. Appointments can be made by telephoning our surgery team on 059 863 1352. We look forward to taking your calls between 9am – 4.30pm, every Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday; and on Thursdays between 9am & 12pm
Routine appointments may be booked with the Doctor of your choice. To facilitate continuity of care and patient preference we recommend that routine appointments should be booked in advance.
The time allocated to routine appointments is 15 minutes. If you need multiple issues addressed in your consultation then please advise our reception staff when booking your appointment that you require double appointment.
The fee for standard and double appointments is listed under the fee schedule.
Urgent and Emergency Care:
We are very aware that you may need us when you least expect it and we have organised capacity to attend to urgent/emergency cases on a same day basis.
As we are sure you understand emergency appointments will be booked for safety with the next available Doctor.
To protect this service we respectfully ask that these appointments are only requested in emergency situations.
If you wish to book for a specialised medical procedure please advise our reception staff when booking the appointment.
We are happy to offer a range of specialised services to our patients. These appointments require specific time, planning and materials.
Examples of these include Wellman and Wellwoman check-up, Cervical smears, Ear syringing, Cryosurgery the fitting of long acting contraceptives.
The full list of these is located on our Additional Services page. If you wish to book for a specialised medical procedure please advise our reception staff when booking the appointment.
Most medical problems are best dealt with in the surgery. This means your Doctors have full access to their colleagues both Doctors and Nurses and the full suite of medical equipment. This facilitates prompt diagnosis and best treatment.
House calls can only be made in special situations.
Requests for house calls will be triaged by the treating Doctor.
In the event that you or a family member is very ill and needs urgent attention, please notify the Administrative regarding the urgency of the situation. They will liaise with one of our medical staff.
In cases of extreme medical emergency such as anaphylaxis, collapse, chest pain or severe breathing difficulties please call an ambulance immediately by dialling 999.